I am like a box of chocolates. You never know who you’re gonna get.
Why this blog? I love and need to write. I used to put writing on the back-shelf and wish I had time to write. Now my kids are grown up and have their own adult lives. Hubby is happily indulging his own muse in his large “shop” to work in, and I make the time to write something every day. Some days I only write in my journal or make notes for my novel. I may not post daily because my writing isn’t always good enough to pass my inner critic. Or… it’s just plain crap.
My writing style? I guess you could call it “casual conversation.” I write how I talk. This made my English teachers cringe. Spell check only helps some of the grammatical abuse my writing is capable of. I am working on this, and things have improved. See my older posts in the “Archives” if you don’t believe me.
So… if you’re looking for literary genius, look elsewhere. Unless… Stephen King agrees to write a guest post. HEY! How thrilling would that be? (Pun intended)
If you’re looking for inside information on insanity, diabetes, culture shock, silliness, laughter, or an occasional rant – you are in the right place. So share & follow me, because I’m trying to get around, OK? 😉
Oh yeah, in case you’re into personal details…
- Native-born Californian.
- Moved to a little mountain town called Arnold in 2012. I don’t expect you to know where that is; frankly, I’m not sure myself. But we love it here 🙂
- I write fiction and non-fiction (for adults and children). And this blog you are currently reading. (Thank you, BTW!)
- I am a stubborn and fiercely loyal San Francisco 49er Fan. If you like football (and how could you not!), type “49er” into the blog search box, and you will find plenty of details to amuse you.
- I have three beautiful granddaughters now and a handsome grandson. They occasionally appear in posts because they are wild and crazy like their grandma. It could be the other way around now that I think about it…
- My favorite author has always been Stephen King ♥ it was love in the first paragraph ♥. I read and adore a variety of authors, but I LOVE Stephen. Period.
- I am a dog lover who was dog-less for many years. We adopted a female Bernese Mountain Dog puppy who turns eight this September. If you are unfamiliar with her breed, Bernese Mountain Dog (BMD), check out this page.
- I don’t do cats. Period.
7 thoughts on “About”
Yes, Arnold, CA.
I need to get out more 😉
Thanks for telling me! It’s so nice to “hear” it – makes writing a lot more fun knowing that people are enjoying it 😉
I like your analogy with the windows into other peoples worlds.
Hi Jodi! I really love your blog, so I’ve nominated you for a whole bunch of awards 🙂 You can check out the details at my post: http://funnyfornothingblog.wordpress.com/2013/09/02/its-the-award-season/
I am excited too! Crossing my fingers that they get it right. 🙂
I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, check out the details here: http://thematticuskingdom.wordpress.com/2013/01/16/drum-roll-please/
Hah! Funny how things work like that sometimes. Thank you!