Jeff Foxworthy got famous for this statement “You might be a redneck if…” His answers are more than funny – if you have hillbillies in your family tree, his answers ring true. Being the truth, they are hysterical.
Anyway, I’m not attempting to ‘get famous’ for my statement (see title), and it is hardly funny. The thing is, a person may not recognize depression settling in until it’s too late. Depression is evil, and it sneaks up on you.
In the interest of crushing depression out of existence, I will share the warning signs / behaviors that I have experienced.
- The only fashion you care about are your pajamas.
- Grooming is the first thing to go. You don’t have the energy (or desire) to shower. After 3 days, you know you should groom yourself. You feel guilty, but wait until tomorrow.
- Make-up? Hair styles? HA! These need a mirror, and you avoid mirrors like a vampire.
- Strange ideas pop into your head out of nowhere. And linger in your brain.
- Your dreams are bizarre and disturbing, way more than they used to be. Unfortunately, they do not lend themselves to an interesting blog post.
- Everywhere you look you see spider webs, dust bunnies, soap scum, and copious amounts of dog hair. As you see these things, you realize that there is also a rust colored film over each inch of the house. DUST.
- You begin spring cleaning – even if it is not spring. You want to give up because the amount of work to be done is overwhelming. You do not give up because you can daydream about a better life while you listen to music and scrub.
- When you do get dressed, you look like a hobo or a Ho. The last time you bought clothes was in 2003 and none of them fit anymore. Except pajamas.
- You are reading this list and nodding your head.
♥ TTFN ♥