I do not claim to be wise, but I do know some things …
- Time always flies – whether you are having fun or not.
- Don’t cook Mexican food while on pain medication.
- If you sense something is not a good idea – you’re usually right.
- Your mom is always right. (Dammit!)
- Diamonds are not a girl’s best friend – her dog is.
- Never fry bacon naked.
- Make a will! Probate is an awful thing to inherit.
- Smile more
- Give yourself permission to do what you love.
- Do not change yourself for somebody else
- Think for yourself and beware of media coverage
♥ TTFN ♥
I have started posting signs, sayings and photos around my office. Most of the time to motivate me, but sometimes they are to warn people.
There is a magnet on the fridge that says “Don’t make me go to my Dark Side”. I did not buy it to be funny, but many people at work thought it was. Obviously they never saw it. The Number 3 side I mean. The Dark One.
I am not a dark kind of person. When I do feel ‘darkish’, I hide it. Until I can go off and be alone. Because I must let it out. Very bad things can happen if I don’t.
Like a pressure cooker, it builds up, and as more annoyances, and irritants pile on, they cause more pressure to build. If I don’t let some steam escape now and then, eventually like a pressure cooker, I will blow.
The aftermath rarely injures anyone but myself. Because instead of an “explosion”, it’s more of an “implosion”. Anyone who has had therapy will tell you – anger turned inward = depression. We must let out some steam now and then to prevent the Dark Side from winning. It can also prevent homicide and prison.
I am not a therapist. I am, however, qualified to pass along advice about those things that I know help me. They may not help you in the same way, but they may inspire ways that could. Cool, huh?
Letting it Go…
- Think of how this, whatever this is, will make a funny blog-post.
- Repeat after me, “There is no law against stupid”.
- Tape your Halloween “special effects” when you get home and start screaming. No reason to waste good screams.
- Plan a new fun project – with a skill you enjoy the most. I quilt. I love taking things apart and putting them back together. Differently.
- Pull weeds. Seriously. This symbolizes removing the things you don’t want in your life. I like ripping those *#$%@!! weeds out of the Earth. If you don’t have enough weeds, pull your neighbors. They won’t mind.
- Adopt a dog to cuddle and take for walks. Sorry, cat people, but cats won’t work.
- iPod + housework. Similar to the weed thing.
If y’all have something that works for you – don’t be selfish! Tell the rest of us about it 😉