Dear Mr. Gates,
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but somebody has to. Maybe you will listen to me because I am a computer technician who has worked a lot with various Windows Operating Systems.
YOUR WINDOWS 8 SUCKS!
Let me count the ways…
- The new Start Menu is ridiculous. Your desktop is one of the boxes called “tiles”. They are buttons that must be clicked on my laptop.
- I wont use half of the “tiles”, yet I cannot edit the menu to remove them from sight. I may not have found the correct place to accomplish the task, and who’s fault is that?
- Speaking of finding things… Where is the damn user manual that needs to be sent out with each new Windows 8 OS?? Because it certainly was not in the box with my new laptop.
- The “Quick Start Guide” was well named. It had 8 languages and 5 steps (no photos, no directions)
- You can’t fool me, this OS was designed for a smart phone. Not my dumb laptop, I assure you.
- If a computer technician is really pissed off about an OS, imagine how your non-technical users are feeling…
I’m begging you, please make OS 8 for a laptop/desktop. Writers (at least this one) need consistent functionality way more than we need “Cool”.
Jodi Lea; author of Not Pretending (to be sane)
Windows 7 = Windows 8 =