If you are a follower of Not Pretending (to be sane), you know about my
obsession love for football, and the SF 49ers. During the season I often post about the players, the games, etc. Sometimes these posts are rantings about what pissed me off during the latest game. There’s always at least one thing…
You aren’t into football… (what!!?), don’t worry. There is a lot of entertainment during a game that you can enjoy without knowing a thing about downs, off-sides, or shotguns. I will point out some of these little known ‘perks’, and urge those who don’t like football, to sit down and actually watch a game. You may enjoy it ;-). Better yet, you may even find a ‘perk’ not listed here – if you do, please put it in a comment OR submit a form from the Etc. page! I would love to add it to my list.
Perks Not Recognized by the NFL:
- There’s dancing. If you don’t believe me, check this out
- The tantrums. A coach can out-tantrum any 3-year old. They foam at the mouth when things are really going badly. I agree that its immature behavior – that being said, it is so damned funny!
- Sports announcers* having to take back what they just said. (i.e. they predict what the player will do and then the player doesn’t do it). I LOVE it when this happens! They think they know everything about football. Even what the players and coaches are thinking.
- Trick Plays. My favorite was the field-goal that morphed into a touchdown.
- Fisticuffs. There are a lot more of these skirmishes between players nowadays. If you like boxing or hockey, you might find these amusing.
- Muscular butts in tight pants or not. I can’t decide if ESPN’s photo-shoots of naked athletes is tacky or awesome. Why didn’t they do this in the 80’s when Steve Young was so hot? Sigh…