Now I’ve been in the mood for football for months. This week I have worn all of my 49er shirts. Today I was so jazzed about tonight’s game that I reminded everyone I dealt with while running errands in town to watch it. Most people had no clue pre-season was even starting and I was happy to fill them in.
Then, as I watched the game, it didn’t feel real to me. Something wasn’t right, maybe a few things even. Get this – I was more bothered by the fact it didn’t feel like football, then watching Denver beat us.
See what I mean? That is not me.
I planned to post about tonight’s game, but I didn’t have anything interesting to say. I’m staring at the blank “New Post” form, uninspired. And then, as if a lightening bolt zapped my brain, I FIGURED IT OUT! It’s not often that I am struck by sudden insight (or lightening), so I had to take a break and do a little happy dance, then get myself a soda before returning to my blank post and telling y’all about it. 😉
Reasons tonight’s game did not feel right:
- Who are those people? The only player’s I knew played in the 1st possession. Then they left the field and strangers came on. I knew there were new player’s and rookies coming aboard, that happens every year. I don’t remember so many new names and faces all at once. Am I getting old, or are we firing more people in the off-season?
- What happened to Coach? He looks like Jim Harbaugh, but he’s either been swapped out by aliens or put on some serious medication.
- Where are the fans? Have the stadium folks started selling the Candlestick Park’s seats already? So sad to see so many empty spaces…
- Film Crew. Someone please tell the cameraman that he’s supposed to be filming the game and not the cheerleaders. This must be pre-season for cheerleaders also – there were so freaking many of them.
- Peyton Manning. If I wanted to constantly see all his stats, interviews and re-winded plays, I’d be a Bronco’s fan.
Whew! I feel better now. Thanks for listening. 🙂