Isn’t technology great? People love having a whole library of books available to them, that they can read at whatever font size they want to and still have text clarity. The newer e-book readers (Nook, Kindle,…) will allow wireless access to the Internet, so you can play Words With Friends and stuff. I would love to have one.
I’m sticking with paperbacks because:
- I do not need another thing to carry in my purse (or put in a plastic bin at the airport).
- Batteries never run low in paperbacks. No matter how long it takes you to read them.
- Paperbacks aren’t ruined when you drop them or run over them with your car.
- Paperbacks can dry out and be readable after getting dunked in water.
- You do not have to have internet access to buy a paperback.
- You can buy a paperback at your local grocery store for $2.99, instead of paying $199.99 for an iSomething.
- It’s legal to pass around a paperback with your friends.
Note: This does not mean that I would refuse a Kindle Fire, should I get one for my birthday 🙂